Re: [SLUG] Hard Drive Repair

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 15:57:55 EDT

IF it is a old quantum Bigfoot Hard Drive 51/4 size factor they had a 7 out
of 10 failure rate.
I bought 6 of the 6.4 gig ones a while back all six failed within the first
10 months.
Then the RMA lasted about 1 year again failed.
Last RMA they went out within 3 to 5 months except 1.

MB's bought 200 of them returned 186 of them.
The 3 1/5 inch Fireballs were much more reliable.

How ever I have had best luck with WD drives.