[SLUG] cups printing with RH 7.3 no default printer

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 10:12:02 EDT

Is anyone using cups and Redhat 7.3? I have cups setup to print to my
Epson C60 and all is working, kinda. I can't seem to get a default
printer setup. I've tried the man pages and did the lpadmin -E -h
localhost -P epsonc60 as stated in the man pages. I've also searched
google but still can't get programs such as mozilla or gedit to print to
a default printer. I can get them to print by doing lpr -P epsonc60. But
what a pain as I have to define this everytime I need to print from the
application. What the heck am I missing? I don't remember having this
problem with Cups on 7.2 I have also removed the LPR and printer-conf as
per the Cups instructions.
Thanks for any insight into this problem
Mike M.