Re: [SLUG] printer problem HELP ME STOP KILLING TREES

From: Smitty (a.smitty@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 21:43:34 EDT

Actually, you can simply it if you are root and omit the -Pqueue, where queue
is the specified user queue. Just do lpq, and then using the active job
number from that command, do lprm activejobnumber.
Smitty

O.K. Either log in as root or su to root from a console to ensure you have
permission to shut the job down.
Do lpq -Pqueue and find the active queue and respective job number. Then
do: lprm -Pquere activejobnumber
That should remove the errant job from the queue.
Smitty