[SLUG] Epson C60 config - working

From: Glen (gurensan@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 21:56:28 EDT

I've got an Epson C60. Here's my /etc/printcap file:

Epson_Stylus_C60:

.. on a line all by itself and nothing at all other than that.

here's /etc/cups/cupsd.conf:
LogLevel info
Port 631
<Location />
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
</Location>

<Location /admin>
AuthType Basic
AuthClass System
Order Deny,Allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
</Location>
BrowseAddress <my ip>.255
BrowseOrder Deny,Allow
BrowseDeny All
BrowseAllow <my ip>.*

...here's printers.conf in the same directory:

<DefaultPrinter Epson_Stylus_C60>
DeviceURI usb:/dev/usb/lp0
State Idle
Accepting Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
</Printer>

... the lpoptions file has only this line:

Default lp

... does this help with the C60? Mine will print anything I throw at it. I'm
not sure what file the driver is specified in, but I just used the cupsd web
interface and made sure to use gimp-print-4.2.0. Once I got that installed,
All Things Were Made Easy (tm).

Glen