[SLUG] Question

From: diego henao (dhenao@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jul 21 2002 - 21:03:02 EDT

This is me again. I sent an email long time ago regarding information
about iptables. Well, I have not been able to set up my server
correctly. I will explain to you what's going on again. I have Red Hat
Linux 7.3. I have set up NAT also because I have a Windows XP behind
this machine ( This is for my sister) ahhaah. I got a file with the
rules for the firewall; it is called rc.firewall. The Ip masquerade is
working wonderful. In addition, I don't have a static ip; therefore,
what I did was I got a dynamic ip from www.dtdns.com
<http://www.dtdns.com/> .

The problem starts when someone from another network or computer
different from mine tries to access my server, even though; the person
tries just a simple ping. Apparently, my machine is not there; it is
dead aahahahaha.

Finally, I know the dynamic ip is working because when you do a ping
from any computer outside, you can see the system converting the ip to
dns. My dynamic domain is cabezas.darktech.org.

Below here I am attaching some information I think is necessary to find
out what the problem is. I think the problem is iptables, but I am not
sure. I will keep reading about iptables, I am not an expert, but We
will see..

Any collaboration is thanked.

Thanks a lot Diego..

Information

[root@CaBeSeRvEr root]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT all -- 192.168.0.0/24 anywhere
drop-and-log-it all -- 192.168.0.0/24 anywhere
ACCEPT all -- anywhere
6535138hfc193.tampabay.rr.comstate RELA
TED,ESTABLISHED
drop-and-log-it all -- anywhere anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere state
RELATED,ESTABL
ISHED
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere
drop-and-log-it all -- anywhere anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy DROP)
target prot opt source destination
ACCEPT all -- anywhere anywhere
ACCEPT all -- 6535138hfc193.tampabay.rr.com 192.168.0.0/24
ACCEPT all -- 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.0.0/24
drop-and-log-it all -- anywhere 192.168.0.0/24
ACCEPT all -- 6535138hfc193.tampabay.rr.com anywhere
drop-and-log-it all -- anywhere anywhere

Chain drop-and-log-it (5 references)
target prot opt source destination
LOG all -- anywhere anywhere LOG level
info