Re: [SLUG] can anyone help me ??

From: Bill (bill@organic-earth.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 18:38:41 EDT

On Tuesday 23 July 2002 16:16, you wrote:
> Hello
> i have recently joined slug and i need help seting up
> my PC for a dual boot i have a copy of linux
> redhat7.3 can you help me get started

Casey ... I haven't done a dual-boot in a long time but, IIRC, you can get
pretty good instructions from the Linux Documentation Project. (Try using the
google search engine for that term).

IIRC, you first fdisk using Linux, reserving a portion of your hard drive for
a fat32 partition. Then install Windows. It will only see the fat32 partition
and be happy to install there. Then install Linux and all should be well.

That's the rough outline. There are other ways of doing it and at least 1,000
things that can go wrong but this way uses the tools you already own.

Welcome to Linux ... put on your anti-radiation hat and your flame-proof
skivies ... yer gonna love this place!

Bill

--
  6:28pm  up 7 days, 17:51,  2 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.07, 0.05

"I'm thinking of going back to Windows; in Linux, none of the viruses seem to work."

http://organic-earth.com Organic urban gardening. With photos.