[SLUG] What's with this? - "account not authorized to log in from this s tation"

From: Clay, John (John.Clay@lfr.com)
Date: Wed Jul 24 2002 - 10:06:09 EDT

Phooey.

Usual tcp/ip lan, nt servers, nt workstations (some 98 and 1, 95) blah blah
blah.

I can access palmdata, and the files within, from my nt box without any sort
of authentication.

>From any other nt box on the lan I get the authentication dialog box. Seems
like I shouldn't. At any rate it fails when using a username/password that
exists on samba box and that is member of root. The message I get is in the
subject line of this post.

If I understand correctly, and to exaggerate a little, anyone in this galaxy
who is connected to my lan via tcp/ip ought to be able to access humphry,
palmdata and printers.

Any ideas??

Thanks again
John Clay