Re: [SLUG] email solutions ?

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan@iotcorp.com)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 07:37:58 EDT

Ryland Bingham wrote:
> I've used Pine to read (ONLY!!) email in my Evolution mailbox. Just
> change your mailbox location to ~/evolutionIf you try to sort or edit
> any of the messages, then the xml Index gets screwed up and Evolution
> can't read the file any more. But ever since I got my cable modem, I
> just use ssh to open my office Evolution at home. For those of you with
> SWWUL's, Cyg XFree86 is super easy to setup, and runs like a champ.
>
> SSWUL=Spouse Who Won't Use Linux

You have my sympathies. My wife wasn't terribly enthusiastic about
Linux, but I got so tired of dealing with her Windows machine's problems
that I finally announced that I was no longer going to support Windows,
period. This is the tough-love approach (tough on everybody in the
short term). It is really not cruelty, because Linux serves her better
than Windows ever did.

--ronan