Re: [SLUG] Ximian Evolution as Exchange Client on Slackware

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Thu Jul 25 2002 - 12:12:37 EDT

On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 11:02, Clay, John wrote:
> I'd like to install Evolution on my Linux box but Ximian doesn't have a
> package for Slackware. Pardon my ignorance but can I simply perform
> configure, make and make install on the source code and be good to go??

Evolution is dependent on several gnome libraries. So assuming you have
gnome installed and the gnome dev packages (libraries and headers), you
should have no problems.
Or you could grab on of these packages:
8.0
http://www.linuxpackages.net/search_view.php?by=name&what_cat=&subcat=&ver=8&name=evolution
8.1
http://www.linuxpackages.net/search_view.php?by=name&what_cat=&subcat=&ver=9&name=evolution

Either way, you will need the gnome libraries installed.

--
Matt Miller
Systems Administrator