Re: [SLUG] Suse 8.0

From: Austin Theen (austin@penguindevelopment.com)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 16:49:45 EDT

I have used Mandrake since 5.3 upto 8.2 and recently tried the new beta
of 9 (stay away if not crazy) but have settled with SuSE Professional
8.0 and have been very satisfied. It doesn't have the hardware support
of Mandrake 8.2, but has a more polished finish IMHO. Mandrake Control
Center covers more administration of your system than YaST2 but YaST2
looks better and works more consistently.

Better printer support in SuSE, i.e. My printer was supported out of the
box (it was a Brother network printer with duplexing in Postscript level
2).

Differences between Pro and Personal, I don't know. I'm sure SuSE has a
marketing brief to tell you, though i can't find one on their website.

austin theen