Re: [SLUG] adding a LF to /dev/lp0

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 15:38:00 EDT

   I think diverting the information into a file then converting it to a DOS type text file
will allow it to be sent to the printer directly. (ending all lines with a LF and CR)
   I use the `magic filter' program know as "apsfilter" to format my printable info for my HP
desk jet printer, then redirecting everything to lpr works fine. (lpd must be in use)

> I'm sending some neat information to an inkjet printer; however, the
> jobs come out like this:
>
> Testing
> Testing
> Testing
> Test
> ing
>
> I guess it's sending a CR (UNIX), but I believe the formatting also
> needs a LF. I'm using the following command line:
>
> dumpe2fs /dev/hda1 > /dev/lp0
>
> How do I have a LF go through as well as a CR so this report will look
> normal?

        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% LINUX, since July, 1997 SENT Time and Date are UTC
        Visit my HAM Web SITE at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm