Re: [SLUG] test post

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 16:32:42 EDT

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 08:06:16PM -0400, Smitty wrote:

> Mr. Coulter,
> Please do your testing by sending a message to majordomo@nks.net. In the
> body put the following: which youremailaddress
> I regard test posts as spam and treat them accordingly. I put you on
> friendly notice.
> Regards,
> Smitty
>
> On Friday 26 July 2002 18:55, you wrote:
> > Do you have a problem? I have a new email address and
> > wanted to make sure I can post. I get the messages
> > but wanted to be sure I can post. Boy, you guys have
> > a problem with your aditude. A test post is just a
> > test post. GET over it and SHUT-UP.
> >
> > William

We had a thread on this recently. Apparently, some people get
unpleasantly excited when you "ping" the list. So, yes, a better way to
do this is to simply ask majordomo "which", as Smitty detailed above.
Majordomo will reply back with the lists to which the email address you
supply is subscribed. Then you'll know if you can post, without annoying
anyone.

Paul