[SLUG] LILO and WinXP

From: Austin Theen (austin@penguindevelopment.com)
Date: Mon Jul 29 2002 - 11:32:05 EDT

Hey All,

I recently stumbled across a showstopper for my office workstation. I am
in the process of migrating off of Windows XP and onto SuSE 8.0 and
after I setup everything and started to get really comfy, I needed to
pull a few things off my ICQ in XP.. I restart and get a NT LDR not
found msg at the boot prompt after LILO.. Now I had Mandrake 8.2 on this
before and it would dual boot just fine. When SuSE was installed it seen
the XP partitions offered to mount them in linux and everything seemed
ok.. What gives?

SuSE made 2 copies of the master boot record in /boot. But I don't know
which to recover to or how.

Is there any resource which would let me rebuild my boot loader for
WinXP without requiring me to do a reinstall? A reinstall will toast
LILO and I'd have to boot linux with a boot floppy or run another
install of SuSE. I've checked MS TechNet and saw nothing concerning
that.

Any help is appreciated.

Austin Theen