Re: [SLUG] IE and WebMin

From: Chuck Hast (kp4djt@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 19:36:09 EDT

On Tuesday 30 July 2002 12:31 L, you wrote:
> that is a generic IE message... it should come with a 403 404 or
> whatever... which one are you getting?

I found it, seems IE can be set to require or not require http:// as part
of the address entry, all the other browsers and some of the IE boxes
that I work with all the time never seemed to cause any grief.
I was just entering the address where WebMin was located as I do
all the time on all of my other boxen...
192.168.1.55:10000
Well I would get that stupid message, I tried again with Opera on a
box and sure enough it worked again, so I went back to IE, looked
at it real hard and then looked at the history, saw one of my cohorts
in crime had been using it and noticed that the history showed the
http:// ahead of the address, but my attempts did not show it so I
added it to the address entry data and 'viola' there was webmin...
So when I use IE, I have to remember to put the http:// in there as
it does not do it. Cheee... Every other browser I have works just
with the address and socket.

--
Chuck Hast
KP4DJT