Re: [SLUG] Job hunt

From: Tim Jones (tim@timjones.com)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 14:27:32 EDT

Things are really slow with me too. I look around regularly, but there's so
little to be had, and what little does look interesting to me, pays less than
I make now (and I'm working for less already, thank you very much). :-(

I like my work, but big corporate environments are so stifling, with their
"policies" against anything that makes sense... ugh!

Tim

On Thursday 25 July 2002 08:06, Mike Manchester wrote:
> I'll second Mario. And if you don't want Mario to have it can I :)
> Mike M.
>
> Don't quit your day job at this point. In 5 months of looking and
> applying for jobs, I've only had three interviews and not offers :(
>
> Mario Lombardo wrote:
> > Andrew, good luck. I like your resume, but I tell all my friends to
> > stay in the womb right now. If you leave you current job, can I have
> > it? I'm not kidding!
> >
> > Mario
> >
> >> I've been working a "temp" position for almost a year and a half now,
> >> and I'm
> >> not seeing any potential to be hired out of my contract so I feel the
> >> need to
> >> start looking to make a "career" move. I put the feelers out a few
> >> months
> >> ago, and am now seriously considering opportunity. My resume is
> >> linked below.
> >>
> >> -Andrew
> >>
> >> http://www.fewt.com

Timothy Jones - tim@timjones.com / tjones@tsiconnections.com
Unix/Linux/Java Programmer/DBA/SystemAdmin & Brasswind Player