Re: [SLUG] Installing Tomcat

From: Tim Jones (tim@timjones.com)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 19:01:17 EDT

I have been developing Tomcat applications almost non-stop since March 2001.
Of course, the people where I work insist on using stuff that is old and
overpriced (iPlanet under Solaris), so it actually gets deployed there. But
I develop under Tomcat 3.0.2 / 4.0.3, Debian 3.0.2 (kernel 2.4.18), and KDE3.

It works great for me - I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one!

Tim

On Thursday 01 August 2002 15:53, wchast@utilpart.com wrote:
> To each one who responde: Thank you very much.
> As is most common on this list, I got the info
> I needed, I was just tasked with getting it up
> on a box, and as it turned out when I called
> the systems administrator to get a password for
> the target box she said, nawww let me do it I
> need the practice, so all I have to do is make
> sure it is accessable so our people can put the
> web pages on it. (RATS! there goes that LINUX
> OJT) I think the thing that I am really enjoying
> is seeing different people in the company start
> playing with LINUX, and come back with "hey this
> is neat" or "I did not know it had all of this!"
> All I can do is say "See I told you so".

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is
> addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
> the sender immediately and destroy any hard copies you may have printed and
> remove all copies of the e-mail from your hard drive. Opinions, conclusions
> business of Utility Partners, Inc shall be understood as neither given nor
> endorsed by it.
>
> Visit us on the web at http://www.utilpart.com

Timothy Jones - tim@timjones.com / tjones@tsiconnections.com
Unix/Linux/Java Programmer/DBA/SystemAdmin & Brasswind Player