Re: [SLUG] MCSE certification & System Analyst position

From: Tim Jones (tim@timjones.com)
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 19:10:33 EDT

I have twelve years of Unix programming & administration experience, plus 10
years of relational databases (Oracle is about 3 years). Sadly, no Novell
since version 3.11 (which is about ten years old). I haven't worked in
healthcare, but I've covered a lot of different industries over the years.
Most of the responses I get contain the word "overqualified", particularly in
the Unix area.

My resume is at http://linuxtampa.com/resume.html.

Tim

On Saturday 20 July 2002 05:41, you wrote:
> Thanks for all the wakeup calls and tips.
> I was lucky enough to get an IT job when I just got out from school.
> Right now I am the only support person for the department and my boss
> adviced me to be a MCSE certified and the department will pay for it.
> Is it worth of time and effort to be MCSE certified?
> Also at my job, there is a system analyst position open and they require
> unix,oracle,novell, and 3 years of heatth care related programing
> experience.
>
> If interested please send me your resume to my email account.
>
> To bpreece1, any advice on books and practice lab you can give me so I can
> get a head start?
>
> Thanks again to all of you who responded.
>
> God Bless
>
> David

Timothy Jones - tim@timjones.com / tjones@tsiconnections.com
Unix/Linux/Java Programmer/DBA/SystemAdmin & Brasswind Player