RE: [SLUG] Browsing Windows from Linux - More - Better?

From: Matt (matt@sandmcomputers.com)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 13:30:46 EDT

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 12:57, Clay, John wrote:
> "$ smbclient -L pdc" does indeed list the domain sharenames, servers. The
> command required a password, not a username though. That seems odd.

Using the "-o username=" option allows to specifiy what username to pass
to the nt domain for authentication, but is not necessarily a
requirement.

> If the share info is available via smbclient, then how come nautilus won't
> show them in the browser?

I'm not sure. I generally don't use the gui too much to work with nt
shares. But I have tried and had success with the following tools:

LinNeighborhood
http://www.bnro.de/~schmidjo/
xSMBrowser
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~chadspen/xsmbrowser.html