Re: [SLUG] Help with HP Vectra VL2

From: awyatt@fewt.com
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 16:10:53 EDT

Trace the lines on the motherboard and remove any dust or junk that may be on the board. Also make sure that the board isn't damp from humidity.

-Andrew

You Wrote:

DATE: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:49:18
FROM: Mark Banschbach mrbear37@yahoo.com
TO: slug@nks.net
SUBJECT: [SLUG] Help with HP Vectra VL2

Greetings all..

when booting this PC I get an error message that
says " CMOS cleared, reset CLRMOS Jumpers to the
original settings and reboot the PC".

OK..There is a set of 3 pins on the motherboard
labeled CLRCMOS. I figure that was pretty self
explanitory. the jumpers were set at pins 1+2 . I
changed the jumpers to pins 2+3.... rebooted.. same
error ..

Then I just removed the jumpers totally.. rebooted..
same error..

I sent email to HP.. they politely said.. sorry
bubba... the box is to old so we dont care..

their website was less than helpful.. and a Google
search did little to help.. any ideas here ?

Thanks !

Mark