Re: [SLUG] Just set the time

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 18:57:13 EDT

If you're using KDE, right click on the clock on the left side of the
task bar. Select "Adjust date & time" from the popup menu. A dialog
box will appear asking for the root password. Enter it and click the
"ok" button. Another dialog box will appear that lets you enter the
time in hours, minutes and seconds or you can click on the "+" and "-"
buttons to adjust it forward and backwards.

I'm sure that gnome has a similar facility and I heard that windows does
too.

Seems to me that entering "date" and "hwclock" commands on the command
line is simpler but it's a matter of taste. The great thing about Linux
is that we have choice.

Ed.