RE: [SLUG] Exchange Client for Linux Desktop

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 15:06:35 EDT

On Wed, 2002-08-21 at 14:23, Clay, John wrote:
> Oops - I wasn't clear. I'm after the address book, contacts, calendaring and
> scheduling functions that you mentioned. Am I out of luck?

AFAIK, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there is
no native Linux application that interacts fully with Exchange 5.5 as
does Outlook in Windows.
Ximian was developing a Exchange 5.5 connector; if they still are I am
not sure.
http://www.ximian.com/about_us/press_center/press_releases/ximian_connector.html
Your other option would be to checkout the Crossover Office by
Codeweavers which supports most Win32 Office apps including Outlook:
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/office/

--
Matt Miller
Systems Administrator