Re: [SLUG] Exchange Client for Linux Desktop

From: Joe Orthoefer (joeo@nks.net)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 17:02:17 EDT

On the commercial side there is Samsung Contact (formerly HP Openmail).

A demo version with a 25 user license is available for download. The server
installs on Red Hat 7.2+ (the install tools know only that particular linux
platform).

Has both a web client an a java client that runs under linux. The java
client supports all the groupware stuff. The sever also supports imap and
pop3 mail services, which is good since the client doesn't seem to support
mail filters yet.

A set of Outlook specfic plugins are available to make outlook interoperate
as a client with all the groupware functionality also.

On the freeware side I haven't yet seen any shared calendaring tools that
aren't extremely clunky.