Re: [SLUG] Video Resolution Adjustment - Where the heck is it?

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan@iotcorp.com)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 17:31:03 EDT

Clay, John wrote:
> I've searched and searched but I cannot find any screen in kde that allows
> me to modify my video resolution. Where/how does one do this?
>
> John Clay - feeling like a chump
> Tallahassee

Alternate video resolutions are defined in /etc/XF86Config. If you see
that you have multiple resolutions defined in that file, you switch
between resolutions by holding down CTRL and ALT and hitting the + or -
keys on the keypad. This is an X thing, not KDE specific.

There are several X configuration tools that will let you choose
multiple resolutions, and write the config data into /etc/XF86Config. I
use sax or sax2, they come with SuSE. I think that XF86Setup does this
also.

--ronan