Re: [SLUG] Editing PDF

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan@iotcorp.com)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 13:20:17 EDT

bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> The only Linux packages that I know that can edit or create a pdf would be
> Corel's Word Perfect 2000
> Suite or Corel's Corel Draw for Linux and Photo Draw. The Photo Draw was a
> free down load. They all have the ability to edit and create a pdf file.
> However do not confuse the Wordperfect 2000 with the older Word Perfect 8.0
> which by no measure is even the same package!
>
> Photo Paint is still available free go to www.linux.corel.com from there you
> can get the program just follow the screens. When you get to the ftp page
> you can download a regualr .tar.gz , a deb or a rpm install package version.
>
> Hope this works and helps you out!
> Bill Preece
>
> P.S. I just verified the ftp does work
> the regualr .tar is about 187 meg , or about 98 meg for the .deb.tar or 98
> meg .rpm.tar version.

Does Word Perfect 2000 open and edit existing PDFs??? That would be
useful. As for creating, any program that spits-out PostScript (almost
all UNIX printing programs) can turn its output into PDF. There are
several utilities that mimic Adobe Distiller; I use ps2pdf (comes
standard with SuSE, and probably most other distros). I routinely make
PDFs from StarOffice via ps2pdf.

--ronan