Re: [SLUG] Looking for web hosting in FL

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 18:34:39 EDT

On Thu, Aug 22, 2002 at 01:57:22AM -0400, steve wrote:

> On Wednesday 21 August 2002 23:03, Jan Mason wrote:
> > This is the best looking one I've seen to date. I am still looking
> > at the others but this one's price and features are looking pretty
> > good. This is the only one that I have seen that has just one rate
> > plan. Everything for $9.95. Is there a down side to these guys?
> >
> > When I see what looks like a really good deal I start to worry. I
> > guess the thing that worries me is that their buisness model is a
> > little different from all the others that I have been looking at.
> > Everyone else has tiered plans in terms of bandwidth, disk space, and
> > other things. The folks at phpwebhosting don't.
>
> None that I've seen as a customer. They will add anything you ask for
> within reason. Very very easy to work with.

They do appear to be very accommodating. However, something to note is
that they do _not_ offer phone support. This may or may not be important
to customers. I'm currently hosting my company's site with a hosting
company that does not offer phone support, and I've been extremely
disappointed with their email support. Yet I have no other option with
this company.

Just a caution.

Paul