Re: [SLUG] Free Stuff...

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan@iotcorp.com)
Date: Sat Aug 24 2002 - 07:31:54 EDT

crawancon wrote:
> hello sluggers,
> of course i am game to rummage through some supplies at the next tampa
> meeting! but anyways... does anyone have the bootable business cards? I
> know some came from the IrishLUG, but different org's seem to have them.
> Normally they are just network toolboxes <LNX BBC, and Linuxcare toolbox>
> but im looking for other examples.. i would love to have/design one with a
> basic X win, <blackbox?> and have some added features like soundsupport
> <mp3> with all the other tools. At any rate, if someone has one that i can
> "see in action"or have or buy, let me know. have a nice weekend
> humans. ;)
> -craig

I think that the standard-sized BBC holds about 40MB of data. A couple
of years ago, I looked at companies that stamp CDs in qty. Several of
them made BBC-style or some weirder styles (one company made 5-pointed
stars where the tips of the starts were at the standard CD
circumference). Mostly these were marketing fluff for demos, but they
are neat.

--ronan