Re: [SLUG] Hard Drive brand question

From: Joe (mce@dalismustache.com)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 01:44:00 EDT

Yes that applied only to specific model drives and was relavant to drives
manufactured about a year to a year and a half ago (again only very specific
models) In addition to that the main reason for the failure was actually the
platters warping under the very large amount of heat that the drives
generated. With proper case cooling and proper airflow or a drive cooler
this was not an issue. IBM drives are not hte only drives subject to that
sort of problem either, however with proper thought put into the building of
the PC in question there shouldn't be an issue with any brand of drive.

-Joe