Re: [SLUG] Hard Drive brand question

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Sun Aug 25 2002 - 14:49:21 EDT

Today Either Circuit City or one of the Office Stores has a WD 120 meg drive
after mail rebate for $120.00
also the price difference for a 40 to 60 is only like 5 to 10.00 so you
decide.

Also re the IBM , Death Star Drive when I was Walters I replace 60 of the
death stars in 4 months!
As for Mixing brands maybe in the old day now for the past 5 years WD, and
Maxtors work well together.

I do recommend though not ot mix a dma 66 with a 100 and 133 though and try
to use stripping or raid.
that is with any brand mix match what ever. If you try to do mirroring with
the mixed speeds they will fail to work properly!

Also try to look on deja News and look up on google the complaints with each
brand and model you are looking for.