Re: [SLUG] HP NetServer

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 16:00:50 EDT

On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Joe Brandt wrote:

> >> To all.. I have an old Hewlett Packard NetServer sitting in storage
> >> collecting dust. It's quite old, containing an Intel P100 cpu, 8
> >> SCSI (Hotswapable) 1.x GB drives and bays.

yep -- www.owlriver.com is its twin, -- but the unit takes 6,
not 8 drives in the hotswap area. It is like the Energizer
bunny ... it just keeps running ... 18 G SCA drives are
recognized and work fine -- A twin of that unit is one of my
test platforms for AIC-7xxx driver testing in Beta work.

> >> Not sure, I'm probably not going to use it again and was wondering if
> >> anyone would like it. It weighs probably 100lbs or more.. it's heavy
> >> as #$(%$.

mine weigh in at 86# -- I have four^h^h^h^h five in that
series -- I bought a PP-200, 8 G HD, DDS-3, 96M ram unit for
$64 delivered just the other day -- It will run perfectly
acceptably for the next five years

> > I am presently using a p120 HP Netserver in my home network and I
> > love it. It is running mandrake 8.2 and being a newbie it can most
> > assuredly do more than I can tell it to do. I even got used to the
> > excessive fan noise.

I solve taht anohter way. I cannot hear them -- they are all
at remote locations, chugging away.

-- Russ