Re: [SLUG] Java

From: awyatt@fewt.com
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 11:45:23 EDT

You Wrote:

DATE: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:10:12
FROM: Frank Roberts - SOTL sotl155360@earthlink.net
TO: Slug slug@nks.net
SUBJECT: [SLUG] Java

Hi All:

By accident I just found that one may download Java from Sun free at:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/download.html

Only problem is I have no idea what the differences is in JRE and SDK.

Any enlightenment as to which would be the correct script to download would be
appreciated.

The JRE is the JAVA runtime environment, you need that to execute java applications. The SDK is the JAVA Software Development Kit, it contains the JRE as well. You only really need the SDK if you plan to develop JAVA applications.

-Andrew