Re: [SLUG] Cryptic kernel message

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 12:58:26 EDT

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 12:36, Smitty wrote:
> When I booted up today I noted a message in the console I have never seen
> before: spurious 8259A interrupt. IRQ 7.
> Can anyone here explain what this means?
> Smitty

8259A is the programmable interrupt controller on your motherboard. IRQ
7 is usually assigned to your parallel port. Are you having any problems
with your printer or other parallel device?

I did a quick google search; maybe someone else has had this exact
problem?:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=spurious+8259A+interrupt.++IRQ+7&btnG=Google+Search

--
Matt Miller