Re: [SLUG] Standards

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 17:01:29 EDT

Well I just had another go around with the IEEE standards website and if you
thought I was incensed before with their cost you would be amazed as to what
I think of them now.

Get this you can purchase each standard in paper for $70 to $200 each price
depending on the standard and keep it for eternity. Cost to IEEE is
publishing price at printers.
You can down load it in PDF format for the same price ($70 to $200) for a 1
year license for 1 person but you may only keep the software version for as
long as you have a license - at the end of the license year you need a new
license another $70 to $200 each. Cost to IEEE for this service same a the
cost to run any web server.

Boy, And I thought Microsoft was bad.
According to this MS is a group of armatures.

Frank