[SLUG] Network problem

From: Jason Pratt (warlord@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 20:21:45 EDT

I've just noticed a problem that I'm having when I startup my Mandrak 8.2 box.
The machine will boot, I'll head into KDE and try to access my email well no
network connection. BUT if I go to the Mandrake Control Center and head to
Network and Connection, it'll check the connection and say all is good and
now when I go into my email or access the net, it works fine. Now I did swap
out an old ISA 3Com 3c905 card with a PCI 3Com 3c509 card. Mdk picked it up
fine and it worked but since then I've had to go into the MCC to get the
network card running.

Any ideas on what is causing this? I didn't have this problem before, so I'm
suspecting it's something to do with the new card.

Any takers?

-Jason