RE: [SLUG] A New Project!!!!

From: wchast@utilpart.com
Date: Thu Sep 05 2002 - 07:54:18 EDT

AO-10 is NOT a microsat, it was a big Molniya orbiter and
carried I think 4 transponders.

Here is a new microsat that they are working on right now.
it is a 10kg unit, but it will give you a idea of what is
built into them, size, power, system OS, etc.

http://www.amsat.org/amsat/sats/echo/AMSAT_OSCAR-E.pdf

This unit is on the large end of the microsats I think they
have launched units that are just a bit smaller than a
socker ball. These usually only have one function, or transponder
and are very simple in design.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
the sender immediately and destroy any hard copies you may have printed and
remove all copies of the e-mail from your hard drive. Opinions, conclusions
business of Utility Partners, Inc shall be understood as neither given nor
endorsed by it.

Visit us on the web at http://www.utilpart.com