[SLUG] Redhat Contest

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Sep 14 2002 - 10:57:02 EDT

Hi All

I just got the Redhat Newsletter and they are offering a contest to have
Redhat Linux come to the Linux Users Groups. I think SLUG should enter.
What do y'all think?

Perhaps some skilled writers in the group (hint hint) could come up with a
clever entry for this contest?

This could also be a great recruiting tool for SLUG as Redhat will surely pump
up the marketing that they are coming to town. (if we win)

Regards
Russ W

DETAILS:

UNDER THE BRIM CONTEST 36: MAKE IT STOP

 Led Zeppelin did it. So did Dylan. Rolling Stones still do it and probably
should have quit before Keith Richards started looking like that. Now it's
our turn. Red Hat is taking the show on the road. Just imagine:

      Hardcore Red Hat engineers
   + Large recreational vehicle
   + Covenience-store diet of non-perishable cheese and pork products
   + Infrequent personal hygiene resources
 ---------------------
 = Hello Cleveland! Rock and Roll!!

Now, UTB Contest 36: We're looking for LUGs (Linux User Groups) or schools
(universities preferred) to be featured stops on our tour. We'll bring with
us computers running the latest Red Hat technology, goodies bearing our logo,
and a nothing's-gonna-stop-us-now mentality honed from forced viewings of all
11 seasons of MTV's Road Rules.

To enter, compose an email telling us where you are and why we should stop
there, and then send it immediately to: feedback@redhat.com Subject line:
MAKE IT STOP

Prize: Of course, *first* prize is the Red Hat bus stopping at your LUG or
school. But for this contest (and in case the most compelling entry is
logistically impossible for us to reach by bus) second prize is a virtual
visit, where we'll send you a care package that includes Red Hat t-shirts,
CDs, caps, and other collectibles. All UTB readers worldwide are eligible and
welcome to enter. But our bus isn't a boat.