Re: [SLUG] Sendmail or Qmail?

From: marrandy (marrandy@chaossolutions.org)
Date: Thu Sep 19 2002 - 10:47:39 EDT

On Thursday 19 September 2002 08:24 am, you wrote:
> Thanks for the response on the Dell question....I just wanted to make sure
> there wasn't some HUGE red flag I was unaware of.
>
> Now that the dell is on the way, I have to choose which mail server to use.
> We have about 30 users.
>
> Any suggestions or insights?

Most people have heard this before, but here it is again.

qmail is fine unix program. Small, fast & secure and split into a number of
components with separate groups and users, each doing small tasks embodying
the unix philosophy.
oohh...ahh.

On a more serious note.

Use the source Luke a.k.a. tarball from http://cr.yp.to

Use and print out http://lifewithqmail.org

Read it Two or Three times. That will bring you up to speed on the basics and
installation. This follows a basic qmail install with a couple of 'nice'
extras.

Use and search the qmail archives BEFORE you post to the qmail mailing list.

For you will be a qmail newbie..and wizards find you crunchy and tasty ;-)

Regards...Martin