Re: [SLUG] Pretty Output -- TeX? PS?

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 01:17:49 EDT

On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Paul M Foster wrote:

> > > I'm looking to be able to create nice looking output on a laser printer
> > > from text files (of whatever variety). Let's say I want to generate

dunno if scribus was mentioned -- it can eat all the way from
plaintext to PDF's, permit editting, and regurgitate new PDF's
-- and has many of the features which Adobe PageMaker,
QuarkXPress or Adobe InDesign, have, except that it is
published under the GNU GPL. Other features include manual
kerning of type ... True Type and Type1 Postscript fonts.

   http://web2.altmuehlnet.de/fschmid/index.html

There is a devel release about to become ver 0.8 -- I have
sent some information along to the maintainer/developer, for
gcc-3.2 header cleanup ... some implicit (and inaccurate)
type conversions.

-- Russ Herrold