[SLUG] Debian on a Thinkpad 600

From: jeff (jdavis70@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Mon Sep 23 2002 - 20:25:13 EDT

    I was wondering if anyone here has been able to install Debian on a
TP600. I have had RH, Mandrake, SuSE, and Slack installed at various
times, but have had no luck with Debian. I have been interested in
trying Debian for a while, but I haven't found any info about installing
on a TP600. So far I have not successfully completed a bootup with
Debian on the 600.
    Is there some trick to installing Debian that I am overlooking, or
does it not work well with the TP600? Also, I am thinking about FreeBSD.
Anyone have experience/opinions about that on a 600?

    Thanks for whatever info you can provide,
     Jeff