[SLUG] Apple-compatible CD, beyond ISO9660?

From: Ben Ostrowsky (ostrowb@tblc.org)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 09:36:21 EDT

A friend with an older Mac (System 8.something, I think, and not even
the most recent 8.x release) bought a copy of the "1964 World's Fair"
disc mentioned on Slashdot. It's got some long and weird filenames on
it, and he says that it acts just the same as when he puts in a CD
upside down -- the Mac doesn't recognize it at all.

So I've copied it all to my Linux machine and tried:

mkhybrid -o ../foo.iso -r -J -hfs .

I haven't tried the resulting CD-R yet, but can any Apple+Linux folks
out there tell me if that's the proper incantation?

I can always turn it into an ISO9660 CD, and/or zip everything up with
no compression (because why bother? it's mostly mp3) onto one file
called DRINK_ME.ZIP, but I'd like to know how to make a CD-R that my
Mac-using friend can use.

Ben