[SLUG] And the fstab issue continues :)

From: Jason Pratt (warlord@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Sep 26 2002 - 23:18:13 EDT

Ok folks.. here goes.. I have a second hard drive on this system, I
installed RH 8 (NULL) and it didn't recognize the drive and mount it. So
I have to do it myself. Now here's the question I"ve edited my fstab
with the following:

/dev/hdb2 /mnt/windows msdos defaults 0 0

I've then made a directory under '/mnt' called '/mnt/windows'. Now when
I reboot I recieve the following message:

"mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdb2,
or too many mounted file systems."

Now it couldn't be too many cause Mandrake 8.2 mounted this
drive/partition on it's own. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks..

Jason