Re: [SLUG] And the fstab issue continues :)

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Fri Sep 27 2002 - 00:30:01 EDT

On 27 Sep 2002, Jason Pratt wrote:

> Nope that wasn't it. Is there a tool installed with RH that allows me to
> look at the physical drives on my machine. I guess I can use Partition
> Magic real quick..
>
> hmmm...

hmm - the info is the the dmesg; but also how about:

bash-2.05b$ for i in `ls -1`; do echo -n "$i "; cat $i ; done ; pwd
cache 1819
capacity 117266688
driver ide-disk version 1.12
geometry physical 116336/16/63
logical 7299/255/63
identify cat: identify: Permission denied
media disk
model MAXTOR 6L060J3
settings cat: settings: Permission denied
smart_thresholds cat: smart_thresholds: Permission denied
smart_values cat: smart_values: Permission denied
/proc/ide/hda
bash-2.05b$