Re: [SLUG] Access to machine pt II

From: Ronan Heffernan (ronan@iotcorp.com)
Date: Sun Sep 29 2002 - 23:09:36 EDT

Jason Pratt wrote:
> Well.. what I should have added was that I can access it internally but
> not outside of my network.
>
> -j

 From the outside machine, can you telnet to port 80? Does it hang? Do
you get a connection refused? Try running tcpdump on the webserver
machine to see if the packets are coming in. You can also use "netstat
-t" to see if a connection gets established from the outside machine.
You could try disabling your firewall completely and then trying the
connect (and quickly re-enable the firewall of course).

--ronan