Re: [SLUG] Wine/CodeWeaver

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Tue Oct 08 2002 - 01:17:57 EDT

On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 10:02:29PM -0400, marrandy wrote:

> Well 10-minutes later and my previous mail hasn't appeared yet.

This is a known issue that comes and goes, and has partially to do with
the fact that the SLUG lists are subscription only. Majordomo
acknowledges that it churns a lot in cases like that.

> Question - Why, when there is a SLUG domain name of
> http://www.suncoastlug.org/
>
> Isn't the mailing list going via the domain ie.
> mailto: slug@suncoastlug.org ???

It's on the SLUG History page somewhere. Briefly, there was an extended
list outage on the box that houses the SLUG site. While it was down, NKS
was kind enough to offer their services as a list host, so I moved the
list. They were local, Linux-hosted, and seemed solid. They've proven to
be excellent partners. Never moved the website, though.

Paul