RE: [SLUG] R/O Floppies

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Thu Oct 10 2002 - 14:20:41 EDT

"floppy=daring" tells the kernel to consider your floppy controller
"safe" - none of the broken floppy controller workarounds are enabled.
Timings are tightened up, and things run much faster.

this from the fdutils documentation:

"Tells the floppy driver that you have a well behaved floppy controller.
This allows more efficient and smoother operation, but may fail on
certain controllers."

- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net> <ian@blenke.com>
http://ian.blenke.com