Re: [SLUG] Tape Backup Applications - Any Recommendations?

From: David R. Meyer (dmeyer07@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 13:51:46 EDT

John,

I have been in the Storage world for several years, and my favorite is
BakBone's NetVault. You can visit their website at
http://www.bakbone.com and download a trial version. It's good for 14
days, but if you need more time to evaluate it please contact me
directly at dmeyer07@tampabay.rr.com because I am friends with the
Southeastern reps, and they will take good care of you. With DLT or LTO
you'll smoke the drive performance (you'll often exceed manufacturers
specs). In comparison, Veritas NetBackup and Legato NetWorker are good,
but they are much more expensive, and not nearly as fast.

Dave