Re: [SLUG] ramblings about distributions (red hat 8)

From: Bob File (rfile@innet.com)
Date: Tue Oct 15 2002 - 18:24:39 EDT

On Monday 14 October 2002 02:14 pm, Martin C. Messer wrote:
original subject:

> Bob, Red Hat Linux 8.0 is LSB compliant, so any strangeness in the
> filesystem should be consistently strange, at least!

> As for the speed issues, 9 times out of 10 the problem is exactly what
> someone has already suggested - DNS oddities.
Ok thanks to Andy, Russ and Martin for the replies: the speed seems to be
better now that I have an entry in /etc/hosts for localhost (127.0.0.1) or
loopback.

So I have Imap running on the machine that recieves mail. I read in the faq
that standard unix mailboxes cannot be shared? I wouldn't mind both boxes
being able to access the mail which comes in via fetchmail/procmail , which I
believe creates standard unix mailbox files files.