Re: [SLUG] Red Hat 8.0

From: Frank Roberts - SOTL (sotl155360@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 19:45:53 EDT

Sorry - Not likely - I just find Gnome to difficult on the old eyes.

Besides I really only need to know one more major update item before I really
just don't need RH or SuSE. That being said I really do like RH update
feature which I suppose I can run at least for several years more upgrading
the 7.3 main system.

I will definitely say RH 8.0 does give one major inspiration toward learning
how to replace kernel or inspiration to switch to Mandrake a RH like
distribution.

Sorry about SuSE I just have never been able to make ppp work correctly or
figure out how to add the scanner in so it is definitely out.

As far as kernel replacement the last time I tried I crashed my test system
and broke it into so many pieces the only easily recourse was a reinstall.
Come to think that sounds normal for all my learning endeavors.

Thanks Anyway

Frank

Wonder what mischef I can generate this time because