Re: [SLUG] Odd StarOffice 6.0 glitch

From: Smitty (a.smitty@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Oct 20 2002 - 22:29:38 EDT

On Sunday 20 October 2002 21:30, you wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-10-19 at 22:53, Smitty wrote:
> > I cannot call star office by clicking on entry in the menu, but can if I
> > do >
>
> it
>
> > via a console by entering the full path, then I get an error message:
> > Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x2696)!
> > and I can't use the mouse or keyboard on the staroffice window.
> > Can anyone make any sense out of this?
>
> Have you ever had a non-problematic run of the program?
Yes, on the box I upgraded, but not on the fresh install. Actually it will
start if I enter the full path, even though the directory of the executables
is in my path. Managed to work out the keyboard/mouse glitch, but the KDE
integration problem remains.
>Is it a new
> install? An upgrade? Have you recently changed your system in any way?
As above, yes.
> Installed anything new? Changed libs?
KDE 3, new glibc, new kernel (all from SuSE 8.1)
> Messed with RPM structure? Have you
> read the FAQ?
No and yes.