Re: [SLUG] ISP

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 16:21:42 EST

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 15:58, Ryland Bingham wrote:
> I just became a RR residential customer 2 months ago. I'm not sure if
> I've been incredibly lucky but my IP has not changed once. I've
> rebooted my computer many times, and have unplugged the modem several
> times, but everytime I get the same IP. I even signed up for dynamic
> DNS, but have not needed to update my record since I started. Anybody
> else get this?

Yes. I'm going on over a year and a half with the same IP address. I
noticed, somewhere around the last 6 months to a year, the lease times
went from 4 hours to (IIRC) 18 hours. RR changed the DHCP address space
for my area a couple of times in the last 4-5 years -- subsequently my
IP address changed. All in all, I have only had about 3 or 4 different
addresses since I first connected my cable service (the first of which I
had for over 3 years).

--
Matt Miller
Systems Administrator