Re: [SLUG] Video card problem

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Thu Oct 31 2002 - 12:08:26 EST

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 22:21, Smitty wrote:
> Here it is:
> BoardName "Radeon 7500"
> Driver "radeon"
> Identifier "Device [0]"
> Option "CPPIOMode"
> Screen 0
> Option "Roate" "off"'
> VendorName "ATI"

I haven't even tried the "radeon" driver, I've always used the generic
"ati" description for my videocard, which I can see is identified
correctly in my XFree86.log.I'm not really sure if this will rectify
your "shadow" problem, but have you tried the generic "ati" driver?

Are you loading the DRI driver/module for your Radeon 7500 in your
kernel? If so, are you loading the DRI extension in your XF86Config-4
file?

    Section "DRI"
         Mode 0666
    EndSection

Insert your entire XF86Config-4 file into your next response (include
the make and model of your monitor). I should be able to recommend some
tweaks to resolve your problem.

--
Matt Miller
Systems Administrator